[Opensim-dev] 27 LSL functions left

Charles Krinke cfk at pacbell.net
Sun Jan 18 01:37:46 UTC 2009

Dear Brianna:

I struggle with these issues all the time and have been for nearly two years now with OpenSim.

One of the things I find that helps is to concentrate on the things that are implemented rather then the features that are not implemented. There are more tests I can imagine that will fail, then there are tests that pass. Mostly based on the fact that OpenSim is only about 60% finished.

Perhaps suggesting to some of your folks that concentrating on keeping continuous scripts testing working features is a better risk/reward ratio then demonstrating all the things that do not work. Also, it helps to have other independent folks test scripts as sometimes we fool ourselves with a configuration issue.

That is one of the reasons why sharing script source with forums, e-mail and IRC has become so powerful for OpenSim. We can all have the same script and if tests can fail that used to work then we have good traction for a Mantis. This gets even better when an independent person can perform the same test and get the same failure on a different sim using a different operating system.

Charles