[Opensim-dev] Ini file reorganiSation

Melanie melanie at t-data.com
Fri Feb 20 13:31:00 UTC 2009

Hello,

as discussed in -dev, I propose to make the following changes to the
.ini file system:

Move all Module=ModuleImplementaion type lines to a new [Modules]
section in opensim.ini

rename the -inimaster options to -inipath

change -inipath to be able to accept either a file name or a
directory, and descend into that directory, merging all files it
finds there into the configuration.

I propose to break up the OpenSim.ini.example into module-sized
chunks and supply these as separate files in the SVN/distribution.

-inifile should be used to specify a single file or URL, the
contents fo which will be merged last to define more specific
parameters.

Melanie