[Opensim-dev] [Opensim-commits] r8515 - in trunk/OpenSim: Data Framework Framework/Communications/Cache Grid/AssetServer Region/CoreModules/Hypergrid Tests/Common/Mock

Mike Mazur mmazur at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 00:57:25 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 19 2009 10:40:32 -0800
lbsa71 at opensimulator.org wrote:

> Author: lbsa71
> Date: 2009-02-19 10:40:32 -0800 (Thu, 19 Feb 2009)
> New Revision: 8515
>
> Added:
>    trunk/OpenSim/Framework/IAssetDataPlugin.cs
> Modified:
>    trunk/OpenSim/Data/IAssetData.cs
>    trunk/OpenSim/Framework/Communications/Cache/AssetServerBase.cs
>    trunk/OpenSim/Framework/Communications/Cache/SQLAssetServer.cs
>    trunk/OpenSim/Grid/AssetServer/RestService.cs
>    trunk/OpenSim/Region/CoreModules/Hypergrid/HGStandaloneAssetService.cs
>    trunk/OpenSim/Tests/Common/Mock/TestAssetDataPlugin.cs
> Log:
> * Extracted IAssetData and moved it to OpenSim.Framework to prepare
> to get rid of ugly CoreModules dependency on AssetServer.exe
> * And yes, the IAssetDataPlugin is misnomed, which became apparent on
> extracting it.

I recently renamed IAssetProviderPlugin to IAssetDataPlugin[1], then
moved it from OpenSim.Framework to OpenSim.Data[2], along with
IInventoryData[3] and IUserData[4]. This put them all in OpenSim.Data
next to IGridData and ILogData which were there before I made these
changes[5].

It makes sense to me that all these data providers are in OpenSim.Data.
Perhaps there is a better way, though?

I'm aware that this change has been reverted in r8520, but I'm curious
what problem you're trying to solve.

Thanks,
Mike

[1] http://opensimulator.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?view=rev&revision=8219