[Opensim-dev] Ini file reorganiSation

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 20 13:45:45 UTC 2009

Melanie wrote:
> Hello,
>
> as discussed in -dev, I propose to make the following changes to the
> .ini file system:
>
> Move all Module=ModuleImplementaion type lines to a new [Modules]
> section in opensim.ini
>
> rename the -inimaster options to -inipath
>
> change -inipath to be able to accept either a file name or a
> directory, and descend into that directory, merging all files it
> finds there into the configuration.
>
> I propose to break up the OpenSim.ini.example into module-sized
> chunks and supply these as separate files in the SVN/distribution.

Can this directory of files be a separate conf/ directory rather than bin/ ?

> -inifile should be used to specify a single file or URL, the
> contents fo which will be merged last to define more specific
> parameters.

Whoever ends up making these changes, please could they also provide some documentation in the wiki instead of whatever
we have now.  This doesn't have to be extensive at all, just the minimum necessary to give people a clue as to what is
going on.

--
justincc
Justin Clark-Casey