[Opensim-dev] Mesh to primitive converter

Mircea Kitsune mircea_the_kitsune at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 13 15:35:33 UTC 2009

Yes, that's exactly what I had in mind. I didn't know such a converter already existed when I started this topic though... I was thinking of it as an addon for Opensim where the user could go to the console, type the name of the model in a command line and have the region calculate the polys and faces, creating a linkset of boxes positioned accordingly.

If such a script already exists maybe it could be made into an Opensim module someday, if its author would allow and it would be a useful feature to have. Just random thoughts... the initial idea I had for some time was seeing mesh-detailed objects and meshes in the classic Opensim / SL and with the LL viewer, which I thought would be a great possibility after visiting ReX.