[Opensim-dev] Main Repository now in Git

Ursula MATOVA ursula.matova at klintcentral.net
Thu Aug 6 06:36:30 UTC 2009

Hi all,

Just my comment on the use of "git" instead of "svn" ...
... Was so simple for us ( "non - core-devs" ) when it was on subversion

I've read the git documentation, and sure many many feature are
interresting for active core-devs, but ...

- The details posted on OpenSim Commits list are so uggly, and
unreadable ... Was really better before, the diffs were included in the
mail ... was helpful, because we were able to see what has changed in a
commit, the post "Subject" isn't clear at all ( maybe it's because the
transition between svn & git is not finished yet ),
- About, "revisions" ... now, it's impossible to know what release
number is "current" ...
(( As somebody mentioned here, all my scripts performing an automatic
upgrade are now broken :( ))

Anyway, that doesn't change the quality of the work done :D
... that will only make our task harder to maintain our opensim servers ...

The only thing is that "svn" if more "user-friendly" than "git",

Regards,
Ursula.