[Opensim-dev] Main Repository now in Git

Sean Dague sdague at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 13:51:09 UTC 2009

Chris Hart wrote:
> Nice work on handling all this - seems like an epic task!
>
> Thinking in terms of people who use stable branches from svn, how is this going to change in future? I see that the svn 0.6.6-post-fixes branch still exists, but where would I go if there was an important fix, change or update to that codebase? Is that going to be maintained until the next stable tag - and what is a stable tag under this system?

The svn mirror is only going to reflect master, which means just the
bleeding edge.  The main purpose for the svn mirror was for folks with
automation that update to trunk today.

We'll be doing branches in git for release branches as per before.
http://opensimulator.org/viewgit/?a=shortlog&p=opensim&h=refs/heads/0.6.5-post-fixes
is a good example of what that looks like over in git.  You can directly
pull tarballs or zipfiles from there if you don't want to set up git.

	-Sean

sdague at gmail.com                                 Linux Users Group