[Opensim-dev] The essence of "grid"

Charles Krinke cfk at pacbell.net
Thu Apr 16 15:01:55 UTC 2009

Thank you, Michael, for a good and objective description. I would concur with your points.

As we move forward, we also have to consider that economic considerations come into play in the notion of "personal trust" and "software trust logic".

There are folks already using both V$ (VirtualWallet) on some OpenSim regions and grids. Other folks are using vendor scripts with external web site connections in browsers. So, delivering goods and services in a reliable manner with currency transactions will have a significant effect on both notions of trust.

Charles