[Opensim-dev] Thoughts....

The Burnman theburnman at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 23:30:52 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 6:25 PM, Nebadon Izumi <nebadon2025 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Burnman,
>
> I suggest if your so concerned about this, that you start developing a
> Module that will let you do what you like, expecting others to do it for you
> is probably unwise, if your so concerned about it, start contributing some
> code that will address your concerns.

At present, my concern was that inventory assets would be stored locally.
That's all.  :)

> Beyond that at this point i don't really know what to tell you except you
> will have to wait and see how it pans out, OpenSIM isn't even really 50%
> complete yet and i say that loosely because OpenSIM will be and ever
> expanding, ever changing application, with no real end in site, chances are
> out of necessity someone will address your issues at some point, but right
> now OpenSIM is not a production application, and at this point rights are
> not the primary concern.

I can appreciate this, though the decision to store inventory assets locally
could become a major burden later if implemented now.  I responded to an
post addressing locally stored inventory assets, as that is truly my only
major concern at this stage of the game.

> I personally think that once OpenSIM moves into a more Beta/Production
> environment you will see more people concerned with this issue and out of
> necessity be building modules to address this issue,  but if this is
> something you desire before then, the only thing i can say is start
> providing some patches. :D

Well, as far as this topic is concerned, I don't see the need to patch in
DRM yet.  If inventory assets end up being stored locally, that will
probably change my mind considerably.