[Opensim-dev] Proposal to eliminate the name, description and invType fields from the assets db table

Melanie melanie at t-data.com
Mon Jun 23 10:54:56 UTC 2008

Well, i guess the lindens are feeling the pain of an exploding asset
data base by now.
On a grid that size, cleanup has to be a really slow process.

If I had to create such a process, i would probably procss small
chunks of older assets, like 64 K worth of UUIDS

And send such a packet around the sims. Each sim would mark assets
it references. When the packet comes back, all unmarked assets could
be deleted. still a huge task, with tens of thousands of sims.

Melanie