[Opensim-dev] Archiver issues

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 26 11:18:00 UTC 2008

Dahlia Trimble wrote:
> Sadly I had to revert a portion of r5659 as it was wreaking havok with
> the meshing at sim startup. I'm not sure but it may also have been
> related to prims not appearing in the viewer after crossing into a
> region. I'm not familiar with the archiving so I don't know how to test
> whether it's broken again, but I suspect it's adversely affected.
>
> The part I had to reinstate was ResetChildPrimPhysicsPositions() in
> SceneObjectGroup.cs

Hi Dahlia.  As you know, there are only two statements in
ResetChildPrimPhysicsPositions().

         public void ResetChildPrimPhysicsPositions()
         {
             AbsolutePosition = AbsolutePosition;
             HasGroupChanged = false;
         }

Is there any chance you could tell me whether the problem is caused by
the lack of AbsolutePosition = AbsolutePosition (which is a bizarre
looking thing but does have an actual effect), or HasGroupChanged = false;

If it's the AbsolutePosition statement that is important , then the
HasGroupChanged can be simply commented out to get archiving working
properly again.  If it's the HasGroupChanged that is important than I
need to go and look at the code more closely.

Thanks muchly.

justincc