[Opensim-dev] Moving OpenSim.Region.Communications.Local/OGS1 to Framework

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 23 19:29:19 UTC 2008

liu xiaolu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to protect OpenSim.Region.Communications.Local/OGS1 from being
> removed.
>
> Things inside "Region" namespace should be dedicated for RegionServer.
> We should make OGS1* only used by RegionServer, so that
> OpenSim.Region.Communications.Local/OGS1 can stay.
>
> If "other components" want to use some of the functions like "get
> profile", "create user",
> "map block", then these functions should have a more *general*
> implementation in
> OpenSim.Framework or OpenSim.Comm. and they are share by "other components"
> including OpenSim.Region.Communications.Local/OGS1.
>
> The reason is:
> considering security, requests from RegionServer may be attached some
> identity
> information that only be avaliable in RegionServer - such like "session_id".
> if you want to call "get profile", "create user", "map block" outside
> RegionServer,
> then "send/recvkey" or "admin token" should be attached.

Okay, so what I'm probably going to do for now is separate out the
inventory functions used only by the user grid server (create inventory,
root folders retrieval) into a separate service and implement this both
in OpenSim.Region.Communications.Local and possibly
OpenSim.Grid.Communications.OGS1.

I will not move OpenSim.Region.Communications.Local/OGS1 as of this time.