[Opensim-dev] Moving OpenSim.Region.Communications.Local/OGS1 to Framework

liu xiaolu lulurun at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 05:25:22 UTC 2008

Hi,

I want to protect OpenSim.Region.Communications.Local/OGS1 from being
removed.

Things inside "Region" namespace should be dedicated for RegionServer.
We should make OGS1* only used by RegionServer, so that
OpenSim.Region.Communications.Local/OGS1 can stay.

If "other components" want to use some of the functions like "get profile",
"create user",
"map block", then these functions should have a more *general*
implementation in
OpenSim.Framework or OpenSim.Comm. and they are share by "other components"
including OpenSim.Region.Communications.Local/OGS1.

The reason is:
considering security, requests from RegionServer may be attached some
identity
information that only be avaliable in RegionServer - such like "session_id".
if you want to call "get profile", "create user", "map block" outside
RegionServer,
then "send/recvkey" or "admin token" should be attached.

2008/7/23 Justin Clark-Casey <jjustincc at googlemail.com>:

> Hello folks,
>
> In the course of trying to eliminate some duplicate create user code, I've
> reached a point where it seems to make more
> sense if most of the classes in OpenSim.Region.Communications.Local/OGS1
> were in new equivalently named Framework packages.
>
> This doesn't strike me as unreasonable since most of the classes in there
> (with the exception of
> OGS1InterSimCommunications) address service calls that are not necessarily
> region specific.  For instance, the map calls
> in OGS1GridServices and the user profile calls in OGS1UserServices could be
> reused by other .net programs.  In the
> longer term some further splitting of services may well be desirable (as
> has been mentioned before).
>
> Any objections on moving these packages?  The actual code impact will be
> minimal since most references are to
> OpenSim.Framework.Communications anyway.
>
> --
> justincc
> Justin Clark-Casey
> http://justincc.wordpress.com