[Opensim-dev] Inteop patch Mantis#1696

James Stallings II james.stallings at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 22:37:27 UTC 2008

Or, we might simply apply the patch to some test regions outside of svn and
see how it flies. To me, that qualifies as a test.

Personally, I think we're out on a bit of a limb here, as several of us have
already personally commited to testing this patch. If it were going to cause
such angst at this stage of the process, it would have been nice to know
there were such reservations before that happened.

Cheers,
James

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 9:40 AM, Charles Krinke <cfk at pacbell.net> wrote:

> In the past, our strategy for applying patches has been:
>
> 1) They apply.
> 2) They compile
> 3) They do not cause angst amongst core developers
> 4) They do not cause complaints about things breaking from users.
>
> This strategy has been able to keep us from branching at the cost of some
> chaos from time to time.
>
> If the interop patch does not make it past item 3, so be it. But, maybe
> there is a subset of the interop patch that can be rationalized meets all
> four criteria.
>
> Charles

The wind
scours the earth for prayers