[Opensim-dev] [Resent] Proposal to move region specific parts of the "Estate" settings to the region datastore

Charles Krinke cfk at pacbell.net
Tue Jul 1 01:19:21 UTC 2008

We have a number of variables in estate_settings.xml. One of them is region_flags which is used to start and stop scripts amongst a number of other things.

Since we are already able to start and stop scripts from the estate menu, we are already both reading and writing variables such as region_flags.

It would be really wonderful if you could expand your commentary a bit. I know there is some complexity in this area and understanding what you intend to do is one of my goals. With all due respect, the comments made so far are a somewhat simplistic description of a more complex issue.

As a result, I have significant concerns about how the proposal to change this functionality will work. So, please explain a bit more in technical detail to describe what your are intending to do.

Charles