[Opensim-dev] [Resent] Proposal to move region specific parts of the "Estate" settings to the region datastore

Melanie melanie at t-data.com
Tue Jul 1 00:30:37 UTC 2008

Hi,

Charles Krinke wrote:
> Another question I have is how does Scene.cs and InnerScene.cs participate in the estate settings. I see that the three patches you have currently submitted contain some changes to both Scene.cs and InnerScene.cs and it puzzles me why these are involved in the estate settings at all?

There are no changes to InnerScene in those patches.

Every place EstateSettings is referred to will see some change,
which will be a simplification in practically all cases.

Especially, SL-isms, like libsl Simulator.RegionFlags references,
will be factored out.

Estates as such are a SL concept, and one goal of this change is to
make libsl's estate-related references and estates themselves
optional for Scene*

Melanie