[Opensim-dev] Standard Client Asset ID's

Stefan Andersson stefan at tribalmedia.se
Mon Jan 14 11:11:49 UTC 2008

To combat bandwith issues I suggest we add the standard client-side asset guids to the Library node.

The asset server is checked for the existence of a texture, and if it says 'no' it's fetched form the local installation and then cached.

If a region is made out of these assets bandwith will probably go down drastically.

Only thing is that since you can't ever actually enter a guid into the client, the guids need to be in a node under the Library node. ie, only the guids - not the actual assets.

This is something we should implement ASAP.

Anybody up for it? :D

Best,
/Stefan