[Opensim-dev] SL lego

dan miller danbmil99 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 23 00:19:55 UTC 2008

--- Gryc Ueusp <gryc.ueusp at gmail.com> wrote:

> Something tells me it'll be less than a metaverse, and more of an MMOG.
> Though I'd love to see an OpenSim based LEGO world, and it's entirely
> possible seeing as the client has snap-to already there, just have to set
> it
> to whatever scale the default lego unit is.

Ya -- though actually I don't much care if it's specifically Lego (the
brand) -- I'm just interested in the idea that you can rez up things like
legged creatures and vehicles easily.  I haven't tried in LSL, but from what
I hear it's not trivial.

In my professional work, I simulate robots.  It takes weeks of painstaking
labor to measure the parts, &/or export reams of data from Solidworks, and
hand-tune an object-oriented description in Python.

I just think it would be amazing to be able to drag parts from an inventory,
snap them together with axles and joints, and script up their behavior
quickly, the way we rez up buildings in SL.

-dan