[Opensim-dev] SL lego

Laurent B. grumly57 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 22 12:08:02 UTC 2008

Talking about Lego...
Did you heard about this : http://universe.lego.com/en-US/default.aspx ?

From: Teravus Ovares
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2008 9:19 AM
To: opensim-dev at lists.berlios.de
Subject: Re: [Opensim-dev] SL lego

all quite interesting.

Should be possible with something like osAddPhysicsJoint or something added to our own flavor of scripting.   I've also got to get physical linksets up to par. :D

-Teravus

On 2/22/08, dan miller <danbmil99 at yahoo.com> wrote:
  > So... how they did it in SL? You have an object, you have lsl, you have
  > sensors, you have rotations and movements...
  >
  > It seems a normal LSL vehicle...

  Right -- my idea is to have a serious lego world, where you could snap
  together pieces, motors, sensors etc. and they would act physically correct.
  I don't mind if you program them in LSL or Python or something, the RCX and
  NXT programming environments are pretty lame.  The cool part (for me) would
  be to get the physics right so you could simulate any lego project you could
  actually build (and ones you couldn't).  Some of my lego 'bots have hundreds
  of pieces.

  -dan