[Opensim-dev] Mantis#2816 patch and openid

Mic Bowman cmickeyb at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 19:16:22 UTC 2008

So this is really an API that can be used to apply the set of
identities managed by the user server to other services. A couple more
places this could be useful... the web interfaces like opensimwi
currently manipulate the database directly in order to perform
authentication for account management. Also, the Alan's REST
interfaces for asses & inventory on the region server currently cannot
authenticate a specific user in grid mode (there is no API & the User
server does not hand out the hashed password to the region server in
grid mode).

The choice of OpenID vs some other API is really just a choice to
support a fairly standard API rather than invent something new.

--mic