[Opensim-dev] Auditorium for 500

Kyle "G" create at reactiongrid.com
Sat Dec 13 17:08:57 UTC 2008

I agree it is a lofty goal but some news I read recently about some 3D scene
trickery may help us overcome some of these limits via other methods. I
understand your concerns Neb but I think like HyperGrid and some innovations
in other areas may help us overcome the limits we have through methods as of
yet explored. We have had 10-20 avatars in sims for hours with no
instability but at other times we have had crashes.

I would say it is 50% up until our method of isolating sims with Hyper-V.
Our last test took us from PubQuiz crashes to zero crashes at 10-20 users.

 I am hoping we achieve 30-50 next on a single sim. I am also curious grid
wide what concurrency is? I don’t mind 20-30 sims per region if we can have
many regions this full on a single grid.  Thanks for the feedback Neb. I
need more friends to achieve 30-50 lol.

Kyle G
www.reactiongrid.com