[Opensim-dev] Stable Branch pt III Was: RFC: Changing default script engine to xengine

Stefan Andersson stefan at tribalmedia.se
Thu Dec 11 15:25:15 UTC 2008

I suggested tagging some kind of 'stable' before introducing potential breakers more out of principle than from this particular case.
The very least we could do is to tag the revision before we 'flick the switch' so we have something to point at for the people that need to work thru problems with it. Tags are for free, and much easier to remember and agree on than explicit revision numbers.
Best regards,Stefan AnderssonTribal Media AB> Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 14:57:40 +0000> From: jjustincc at googlemail.com> To: opensim-dev at lists.berlios.de> Subject: Re: [Opensim-dev] Stable Branch pt III Was: RFC: Changing default script engine to xengine> > Stefan Andersson wrote:> > > > So, should we take this up to the vote then? I'd say that we want a > > period of stbailizing before switching to XEngine.> > To be honest, I think a fair few of us have been using XEngine for a good few months now, so the chances of instability > are fairly minimal. Though perhaps most of us doing this have been on the Linux side with not so much testing on > Windows (judging from one of Teravus' earlier posts about read conflicts of compiled script assemblies).> > -- > justincc> Justin Clark-Casey> http://justincc.wordpress.com> _______________________________________________> Opensim-dev mailing list> Opensim-dev at lists.berlios.de> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-dev