[Opensim-dev] SceneObject* Metadata

Stefan Andersson stefan at tribalmedia.se
Mon Dec 1 13:57:01 UTC 2008

Yeah. Those kind of solutions always come back to bite you in the ass.Best regards,Stefan AnderssonTribal Media AB> Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 08:39:00 -0500> From: sdague at gmail.com> To: opensim-dev at lists.berlios.de> Subject: Re: [Opensim-dev] SceneObject* Metadata> > Frisby, Adam wrote:> > +1.> > > > I guess the question is then - can we make the columns dynamic to allow third party stuff? Mesh was just one example - there's quite a few rex properties now (mesh, collision mesh, material settings x10, etc) -- perhaps if we can serialise all the object properties into a dictionary? <Property, Value>, which the DB adapters can then adjust their tables for[?]> > Dyanmic columns are horribly slow. Lets avoid baking that into the design.> > -Sean> > -- > Sean Dague / Neas Bade> sdague at gmail.com> http://dague.net> >