[Opensim-dev] avatar system or similar

Diva Canto diva at metaverseink.com
Thu Apr 10 15:50:33 UTC 2008

Hi,

What happened to realXtend's "avatar system"? Is it being integrated
with OpenSim?

 From where I stand, that, or something like that, is a major
architectural requirement for virtual worlds to get serious. Without the
ability for people to get an identity+inventory that they can port
around through different organization's grids, this is not going to be
that useful. I see a lot of interest from organizations to set up their
own virtual worlds under their control (so, their own grid'ed regions),
but if people have to get accounts with them to visit, this is just not
going to work for serious usages - period.

I understand there's a ton of stability work to be done, but this
particular architectural decision is really important, even
(especially?) at this early stage; we all trust stability will happen
over time.
Is there anything that I can do to boost the efforts in that direction,
besides sending this email?

Cheers,
Crista / Diva