[Opensim-dev] to infinity and beyond...!

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Fri Oct 26 19:30:26 UTC 2007

I've started running ODE on my test environment, and found out how to
launch into orbit using ODE.  Log into OpenSim, then run "terrain add
20" on the console.  The ODE correction on this is like hitting your
avatar with a tenis raquette.  I managed to peak out around 33km before
falling back to earth, getting 320m on the rebound, then damping to
normal ground level.

I think that we should figure out a way to bypass the physics engine
when doing console terrain shifting of that nature.

     -Sean