[Opensim-dev] so many dll's, so little time

Tleiades Hax tleiades at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 14:33:20 UTC 2007

> Also we will still need to use XML-RPC for login, as thats what the client
> uses.

I agree that a HTTP may be too slow for inter region, physics and script
comms, and also agree on the REST for the rest (pun sort of intended), but
... to my knowledge we will - eventually - only need one method which
supports XML-RPC, namely the login message, method used by the viewer.

I think that including an external library for the sake this single method
is overkill, inclusion of the library will - however slightly - increase the
load of work we have to do on the build system, and will be one more
component which potentially can fail to built correctly.

If I am correct in my belief that we will only need to use XML-RPC in that
single place, I suggest we get rid of any external libs, which is dedicated
to that goal.

/tleiades