[Opensim-dev] In World Office Hours Redux (was Re: How to contribute to OpenSim?)

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Sat Oct 6 12:41:08 UTC 2007

On Sat, Oct 06, 2007 at 09:10:42AM +0200, Tleiades wrote:
> Hi
>
> Some of you might know that I have been hanging out on IRC for a couple of
> weeks now. Over time I have become more and more confused about how to
> contribute to this project, in any other capacity other than running a sim
> and logging into it.
>
> By heart I am a developer, designer and archtect, with pretty decent
> expericence on databses, comm's protocols, that is what I do; naturally I
> feel this is where I can contribute the most, but the question is: "Where
> can I do the most good?"

I think the last couple of weeks have been badly scattered for most of
the core developers, which has really given you the short end of the
stick.  Sorry about that.

Previously I had posted the idea of doing some in world office hours of
our own to start getting a bit more organized.  I'd like to bring up
that proposal again.  The near term goal should be banging out a pretty
extensive todo list on the wiki to help all of us figure out what the
next right pieces of code are to work on.

Based on the previous posts of people's availability I'm going to
suggest:

15:00 EDT (US Eastern Standard Time) which is 19:00 UTC (back track to
your timezone here: http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc on
Tuesday, Oct 9th, for a kickoff of this.  It will be in world on an
OpenSim Sim (probably something on osgrid), but details on location can
be figured out once we know we've got a time worked out.

This should be after work for all the .eu folks, and noon for the west
coasters (so hopefully they can attend on their lunch break).  Please
respond back about availability for this.  It would be good to have as
many folks as possible there.

     -Sean