[Opensim-dev] Incompatibilities between libsl 0.2 and 0.3

Tleiades Hax tleiades at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 07:42:26 UTC 2007

> Now that the LL protocol is set in stone, we dont really gain much by
> libsl upgrades, we only use libsl for it's packet definitions, and even
> that's something we may internalise depending on how long it takes for
> the 'lite' libsl release to happen.

Unfortunately that isn't entirely true.
We use the foundations of LLSD inside libsl, and we rely heavily on
libopenjpeg, which is part of libsl.

In fact openjpeg is why I am so interested in upgrading to the latest
version. My delvelopment platform is a 64 bit version of windows, and
the current version of libsl/openjpeg cannot handle a 64 bit windows
os.

This causes me grief, since my development efforts are made on a
patched version of opensim, and everytime I do a commit, I have to
"unpatch" the changes, and pray to somebody that my unpatching hasn't
broken anything. Since once I am passed the "unpatch" point all I can
do, is check if it still compiles.

Ofcourse, that is my own problem, so the above, is only meant to
explain why I am so eager to get off the current version of libsl.

/tleiades