[Opensim-dev] asset_database="grid" failures

Dalien Talbot dalienta at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 23:58:15 UTC 2007

On Oct 31, 2007 6:41 PM, Tleiades Hax <tleiades at gmail.com> wrote:
> It sounds to me like the asset server has stopped responding for some
> reason,
>

> >   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse () [0x00000]
> >   at OpenSim.Framework.Communications.RestClient.Request () [0x00000]
> >

> One problem I have encountered, is that you *must* clear the viewer cache
> when switching to grid based assets.

I did debug something similar a while ago - it turned out that the
POST requests somehow made the mono being "stuck" - with very similar
symptoms you describe.

GET requests were completing without problems up until the point where
the POST requests sucked up all the resources.

Being a bit dumb with C#, I was unsure where to take this further, and
whether I was doing something blatantly wrong - but even a simplest
form of POST done in the cycle would hang if done a few times...

FWIW :)

/d