[Opensim-users] Crash - looking for debbug

Jeff Kelley opensim at pescadoo.net
Sat May 15 18:58:55 UTC 2021

At 8:28 AM +0200 5/3/21, Thomas GARCIA wrote:

>Exception: System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.

I have seen a reproducible simulator crash with same stacktrace.
Unfortunately, the simulator is not under my control and I cannot
report more.

The cause was a Windows anti-virus on the client machine. It looks
like there is a way to crash a simulator by altering / breaking
network operation during some request.

I have been told by the grid owner crashes occurs only when he was on
a region owned by him.

-- Jeff