[Opensim-users] The results of your email commands

Fred Beckhusen fred at mitsi.com
Mon May 3 15:03:02 UTC 2021

Thomas: I do not believe Regions are your issue. I assume this happens
on any
teleport to any region. If it works on others, try reloading the region
from a backup.   I would make a backup, then run a series of checks on
your database.

Then try saving an IAR to see if you can locate the bad item.

First, make a copy of your Mysql\Data folder so you have a backup. You
can find the pointer to it in your my.ini. I would treat this copied db
as if it were gold. It's precious. Do not write to it again.  It may be
a single bit off somewhere which can be repaired.   It once took a
week to get a 90 GB db to me but a Perl script found a UUID with an
Omega symbol in it in minutes which is illegal and led to immediate
crashes. A query via remote desktop got the grid back in a few
seconds.  These can be caused by failures in non-ECC memory, alpha
particles and other forms of bad luck.

Below is for Mysql 5.7.    You run fix ISAM stuff first, then run
mysqlcheck.exe on *.MYI files. There are no MYI files in a region
folder, just in robust and mysql. Your database names may differ, mine
are  'mysql' and 'robust' with regions stored in 'opensim'.

Make sure Mysql up to date:
mysql_upgrade.exe --port=3306

Check Mysql and robust ISAM files

myisamchk --force --fast --update-state ..\data\mysql\*.MYI
myisamchk --force --fast --update-state ..\data\robust\*.MYI

To check all DB's ( takes a long time on big db's, hours, or overnight)

mysqlcheck.exe --port 3306 -u root -A -p

To repair the DB, only if the above fails. ( takes a long time on big
db's, hours, or overnight)
mysqlcheck.exe --port %PORT% -A -u root -r -p

To optimize the db ( takes a long time on big db's, hours, or overnight)
mysqlcheck.exe --port 3306 -A -u root -o -p

If inventory is still crashing, it may take a restore from a backup to
fix it. On some occasions, I have been able to fix stuff like this by
saving an IAR and reloading it. Also once, doing a mysqldump and a
restore as shown below.

To backup:
This first line is needed to set the database to use in a restore

echo use Robust; >Robust.sql
mysqldump.exe --opt --hex-blob --add-drop-table --allow-keywords
--single-transaction --quick -uroot --p<ROOTPASSWORD|USER ROBUST USER
AND PASSWORD HERE> --max_allowed_packet=1G --verbose Robust >> Robust.sql

To Restore:

mysql -u root -p Robust < Robust.sql
Ferd Frederix/Fred Beckhusen