[Opensim-users] Sometimes Joining Groups in Hypergrid Returns a Warning

Wes World wesworldos at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 21:30:42 UTC 2021

I also filed this as a Mantis, but the agent suggested I ask my question
here as well to ensure that I have everything configured correctly. First,
here is what was posted on Mantis:

When joining a group on a grid other than my home grid, I sometimes receive
the following warning. It is not always consistent. I have not tried
leaving a group and readding it to see if it would happen again. [10:43]
Grid: Warning: You don't have an accessible groups server in your home
world. You membership to this group in only within this grid.

I am using Groups V2 on a standalone hypergrid OS 0.9.1.1. The recommended
settings from OS.org in the OpenSim.ini are:

[Groups]
  Enabled = true
  Module = "Groups Module V2"
  MessagingModule = "Groups Messaging Module V2"
  ServicesConnectorModule = "Groups HG Service Connector
    LocalService = local  *;HomeURI = http://example.com:8002
<http://example.com:8002>
*    ; or
  HomeURI = "${Const|BaseURL}:${Const|PublicPort}"

My current settings are: (I have defined my URL and Port under [Const]

[Groups]
    Enabled = true
    Module = "Groups Module V2"
    StorageProvider = OpenSim.Data.MySQL.dll
    ServicesConnectorModule = "Groups HG Service Connector"
    LocalService = local
    HomeURI = ${Const|BaseURL}:${Const|PublicPort}
    MessagingEnabled = true
    MessagingModule = "Groups Messaging Module V2"
    NoticesEnabled = true

Thanks,
Wes World