[Opensim-users] how hard is it to add nested linksets or equivalent

Dr Ramesh Ramloll r.ramloll at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 22:09:02 UTC 2019

Apparently hierarchical linksets is too hard to be implemented on the
opensim platform.

On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 4:23 PM Serendipity Seraph <seren.seraph at gmail.com>
wrote:

> One thing that bugs hell out me is that an object that is a linkset cannot
> be added as a subpart of a more complex object without adding its linkset
> prims to the overall object.   Consider a car with wheel linksets and other
> linksets.  It would be great to script the wheel standalone and yet have it
> part of the car without some hack of having it track the car object and
> stay in proper position relative to it as a separate object.   It would be
> nice to remove and replace a wheel as a single operation no matter how much
> of a fancy linkset the wheel itself is.   Many 3D tools today do allow this
> capability.   How hard would it be to hack it into opensim?

*Rameshsharma Ramloll* PhD, CEO CTO DeepSemaphore LLC, Landisville, PA;
Affiliate *Research Associate Professor*, Idaho State University,
Pocatello, ID 83209 Tel: 208-240-0040
LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/rameshramloll>