[Opensim-users] Native FBX Support

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 15:40:26 UTC 2017

At 15:16 20/03/2017, Maxwell, Douglas CIV USARMY RDECOM ARL (US) wrote:
>1)  Has anyone worked on native FBX support for open sim?
>2)  Would the content creators find it useful?

I have not seen anyone who has provided that capability Doug.

It would be useful for compatibility to Unity3D and other emerging
virtual worlds which can use FBX models.

Note the reverse route of taking OpenSim content via an OAR via the
OAR Converter into Collada mesh and then into Unity3D....

http://blog.inf.ed.ac.uk/atate/2015/10/24/opensim-oar-convert-to-unity-scene-with-windows-interface/