[Opensim-users] default prim distance from ground..

André Verwijs dutch.glory at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 9 20:37:39 UTC 2017

ok :)  thank you for reply.

Yes i get it, there's less friction between prims and terrain when you
use prims with "moving" scripts for vehicles ....

Op 9-3-2017 om 21:27 schreef Mister Blue:
> There is no default prim distance from ground as such.
>
> If the prim is not physical, it can be positioned into the ground after
> the initial creation. If the prim is physical, if you are using
> BulletSim, there is padding added between objects and terrain that is
> added to make vehicles work better.
> [BulletSim]TerrainCollisionMargin=0.04 is the default and you can reduce
> this to get things closer to the ground.
>
> == mb
>
> On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 12:00 PM, Luisillo Contepomi
> <luisillo at contepomi.net <mailto:luisillo at contepomi.net>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>     I try to reproduce the problem showed in you picture, building some
>     cubes directly over the land and over other prims and never have the
>     result as in your picture.
>
>     My versión OpenSim 0.9.0.0 RC2 compiled over windows7
>
>     some questions  I have:
>
>     "default prim distance from ground"...
>     when is physical and fall on the land?
>     When you are building a single prim over land?
>     When you are building a single prim over land?
>
>     Kind regards
>     Luisillo
>

>     On 07/03/2017 21:27, André Verwijs wrote:
>     >
>     > question:
>     > how do set default prim distance from ground, this is rather big in my
>     > case. Optional add a option to set prim distance or gravity ...
>     >
>     > thanks
>     >
>     > see:
>     > http://postimg.org/image/mri747ysj/
>     <http://postimg.org/image/mri747ysj/>
>     >
>     >

JAV-logo-met-naam
<http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs>

La Ventura (heavy metal band) Tumblr page:
http://laventurafan.tumblr.com

My Twitter Page:
http://twitter.com/OpenSimFan

My Facebook page (Be my friend please :) )
http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs

My Google+ page (follow me please )
André Verwijs - Google+ https://plus.google.com/111310545842863442992