[Opensim-users] OSSL OSFunctionThreatLevel no longer, works [Ferd Frederix]

Thomas Ringate tringate at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 17:10:38 UTC 2015

Fred,

Thanks for the very descriptive explanation.  Yes, the osslEnable.ini sure
did over ride the setting of the threat level.  I have done as you indicated
and removed everything from my gridcommon.ini and am using the osslEnable
file now.

To save time until I can read more about all the functions, I set everything
to true that was listed as threat level very high and below.

Those I had listed were those I was using myself in scripts I wrote.

I guess the reason I used the threat level was because I was lazy and didn't
want to ask everyone what script or object was giving the errors.

I trust my residents, but like you point out, anyone could arrive and have a
script on them using a function that could bring the server to it's knees.

I am sure many of the functions are never used on my regions, so like you
said, having them all set to true is probably not a good idea at all.

For now the complaining has stopped, and I can take the time to review the
functions and revert back to the suggested settings if they are for
functions no one is using.

Thanks again for the great explanation.

Tom