[Opensim-users] OSSL OSFunctionThreatLevel no longer, works [Ferd Frederix]

Fred Beckhusen fred at mitsi.com
Tue Oct 27 16:10:38 UTC 2015

On 2015-10-27 7:00 AM, opensim-users-request at opensimulator.org wrote:

> Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 15:42:56 -0400
> From: "Thomas Ringate"<tringate at gmail.com>
> To:<opensim-users at opensimulator.org>Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] OSSL OSFunctionThreatLevel no longer
> 	works in	opensim since the OSgrid packaged release of 2015-10-18 0.8.3
> 	dev

Hi Thomas:

You had OSFunctionThreatLevel = VeryHigh followed by a list of Allow* = true in your original ini files.  OSFunctionThreatLevel = VeryHigh  was probably all you needed.   That one line set all functions "true" so anyone can do anything they want, which is also very dangerous. Any visitor could easily kill your systems with that high of a threat level. In spite of the warnings, pretty much everyone set it to VeryHigh (including me) which was not good.

It appears from what I read  in you notes that the update did as expected - it overrode your setting in "osslEnable.ini", and defaulted to a 'standard' config for you.

The idea behind the osslEnable.ini  is that grid owners now have one well documented place, with examples and macros, to set exactly what they want.  The macros make it much easier to set the system up for the wide security ranges everyone needs.   The osslEnable.ini file can be copied from system to system  and used again after an update.  You can enable any threat level there, and delete or comment out the individual settings,  or you could follow the examples and enable these for just estate owners and parcel owners, or individual people.    Or set them to true so everyone can run them.  And then copy that file around the various places you need them.

I made the original list of commands for this file, others then added to them, and we think we have all of the functions listed. If you see any that are not please let me know, or file a Mantis and we will get it added.

Cheers, Ferd Frederix
fred at mitsi.com