[Opensim-users] Help with var regions region not showing on Map correctly

Thomas Ringate tringate at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 19:25:51 UTC 2015

I decided to give var regions another try.  I tried them back a couple of years ago.

I have a 4x4 var running now on OSgrid, and there are a few problems I am still trying to sort out.

One is that on the map my entire 4x4 shows up as one small 256x256 tile in the SW corner of the 4x4 and the other 15 squares all show “loading” when I mouse over them.

The tile in the SW corner is a tiny version of the entire 4x4 area, so it is making the tile.  It’s just not displaying it right.

I did a search and found an old mantic for this problem that was fixed a long time ago.  My assumption is I have missed some setting I need to change.

I have the following made per the wiki on how to set up a var .  These are all at the bottom of my GridCommon.ini file.

I also notice that the green dots that represent where people are on my var do not show up.  None of them do.  No region name is in any of the missing blocks either.  Just the word “loading”.

[Startup]
    TextureOnMapTile = true
    PIDFile = "/var/opensim/tmp/OSG-Sanctuary-Home.pid"
    ;  physics = OpenDynamicsEngine
    ;  physics = BulletSim

[BulletSim]
    TerrainImplementation = 0

[Terrain]
    SendTerrainUpdatesByViewDistance = true

[Appearance]
    PersistBakedTextures = true

[XEngine]
    DeleteScriptsOnStartup = false

The log file shows something but not sure if this actually is showing the problem or not.

2015-10-26 10:34:31,024 WARN  (Threadpool worker) - OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.World.WorldMap.WorldMapModule [WORLD MAP]: Bad send on GetMapItems Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused)
2015-10-26 10:34:31,024 WARN  (Threadpool worker) - OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.World.WorldMap.WorldMapModule [WORLD MAP]: Blacklisted http://94.227.130.176:9000/MAP/MapItems/11045693815192320
2015-10-26 10:34:35,910 WARN  (Threadpool worker) - OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.World.WorldMap.WorldMapModule [WORLD MAP]: Bad send on GetMapItems The request timed out
2015-10-26 10:34:35,910 WARN  (Threadpool worker) - OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.World.WorldMap.WorldMapModule [WORLD MAP]: Blacklisted http://10.240.176.149:9000/MAP/MapItems/11042395280311808
2015-10-26 10:34:37,795 WARN  (Threadpool worker) - OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.World.WorldMap.WorldMapModule [WORLD MAP]: Bad send on GetMapItems The request timed out
2015-10-26 10:34:37,795 WARN  (Threadpool worker) - OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.World.WorldMap.WorldMapModule [WORLD MAP]: Blacklisted http://77.248.90.208:9002/MAP/MapItems/11041295768684800
2015-10-26 10:34:37,795 WARN  (Threadpool worker) - OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.World.WorldMap.WorldMapModule [WORLD MAP]: Blacklisted http://92.237.210.212:9000/MAP/MapItems/11041295768683008
2015-10-26 10:34:37,795 WARN  (Threadpool worker) - OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.World.WorldMap.WorldMapModule [WORLD MAP]: Bad send on GetMapItems The request timed out
2015-10-26 10:34:37,795 WARN  (Threadpool worker) - OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.World.WorldMap.WorldMapModule [WORLD MAP]: Blacklisted http://77.248.90.208:9002/MAP/MapItems/11042395280312576

Tom