[Opensim-users] Currency install

Erik Gordon Bainbridge tamrider at frodo.tv
Tue Oct 20 13:56:24 UTC 2015

I faced this problem with a grid I was building for a client earlier this year.  It was frustrating.

My client's servers were running Windows Server 2008; after a lot of frustration trying various currency options, including Paypal Micropayments, I ended up using Virwox's OMC for the grid currency.  The OMC is administered by an Austrian university which provided the information I needed. I recommend asking them for assistance rather than Virwox.  I felt that all the other currency options would take more work to implement on Windows than my client was willing to pay for.  OMC worked very well after I got it set up.

I haven't yet had a need to set up a currency in my own grid, which runs on a Linux server, but I expect some other currency options will be less of a hassle on Linux than on Windows.

Others in this group have far more experience than I do and I'm sure will have more helpful information.

Erik