[Opensim-users] Diva Wifi 0.8.2 on Robust 0.8.2.0 in Windows

Unadecal Arado unadecal.arado at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 07:44:04 UTC 2015

Good day,

I run a Robust server in windows which has been very smooth ever since
0.8.0.1. Since the 0.8.1 update I have been unable to upgrade using the new
distribution method for Wifi due to the following error. I fall at the
first hurdle:

"
C:\OpenSim\robust-0.8.2.0\bin>mautil -reg c:\opensim\addins-registry
reg-update
ERROR: Add-in scan operation failed. The runtime may have encountered an
error while trying to load an assembly.
ERROR: Add-in scan operation failed (Could not load file or assembly
'file:///C:\OpenSim\robust-0.8.2.0\bin\Mono.Addins.dll' or one
of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT:
0x80131515))
ERROR: The add-in database could not be updated. It may be due to file
corruption. Try running the setup repair utility

C:\OpenSim\robust-0.8.2.0\bin>
"
I then simply added Wifi 0.8.0 tomy 0.8.1.2 robust server and this seems to
work at the moment, but having updated all my simulator instances to
0.8.2.0, I am keen to upgrade my Robust server as well.

Adding Wifi 0.8.0 to robust 0.8.2.0 does not work, and neither does
manually updating the wifi dlls with the ones from the 0.8.2 Diva distro,

I googled "mono.addins.dll 0x80131515 and I found this article which may
have some relevant information, since it mentions a discrepancy between the
.Net frameworks used to build the project binaries, but my understanding of
this it limited to suspecting that this may be something that needs to be
addressed by the Opensim developer team. It is worth noting that I have
.Net Framework 3.5 and 4.0 installed.

Can anyone help please?

Many thanks,

Unadecal Arado