[Opensim-users] Memory usage

Dahlia Trimble dahliatrimble at gmail.com
Tue May 26 20:01:49 UTC 2015

I have seen memory issues with mono 3.1-3.2.x; they were so bad that I
stayed with 2.10.8.1 until I tried 3.99.x which worked quite well. I
haven't seen the CPU issues you mention at all. Note that measuring memory
is difficult with managed applications as many memory monitoring systems
cannot account for memory in the Mono VM which is unreferenced but not yet
garbage collected; this might explain why you gradually see memory use
decrease.

If you have high memory or CPU when a particular avatar arrives it could be
poorly scripted attachments or perhaps a corrupt mesh or other asset. If
you see it with the default "Ruth" avatar, then there are likely problems
with your installation and/or configuration. Also keep in mind that if it's
a megaregion then it will use much more memory for the large terrain.