[Opensim-users] var regions and prim limits

Mister Blue misterblue at misterblue.com
Mon Mar 30 03:47:40 UTC 2015

There is no prim limit other than the limit set in the Region.ini file
(there is also a simulator wide default but I don't remember where that i
set). On the other hand, you still have the one simulator whether the
region is 256x256 or 4096x4096. I've have over 100K prims on a 256 region
and the limitation was waiting for them all to down load followed by the
viewer crashing. If you set the region to have a 40K prim max, the whole
region will have that limit. There is no computation "per block".