[Opensim-users] region flags status

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 14 20:03:28 UTC 2015

The setting to use should be Persistent.  I believe one way to do this is by registering a region, setting Persistent
and then taking it offline

All regions have the RegionOnline flag when they are online.  However, whereas a region entry normally disappears
altogether on deregistration, a Persistent region remains but has its RegionOnline flag unset.

However, the simulator would not check the RegionOnline flag and would attempt to contact neighbours regardless, causing
all the failure messages.  These shouldn't cause any issues but they are confusing and show unnecessary work.

So in git master beef41f I made the simulator respect the RegionOnline flag in these cases which should stop the errors.
  Both simulator and service will need to be updated to this commit for this to work (if only one is updated then
everything will work as before where contacts are attempted regardless).

Please let me know if you can get this working and I will write up a wiki page.

On 12/01/15 15:36, ssm2017 wrote:
> hello
> i would like to play with region flags.
> i could not find any information on the wiki about it except the console command to set them.
> the "Robust" example files are not documenting all the flags.
> i could find all the flags explained in the file :
> opensim/OpenSim/Framework/RegionFlags.cs
>
> my goal is to replace some empty sea regions added around another region to prevent registration on this place.
> like on this drawing :)
> XXX
> XOX
> XXX
> region X = no region, just a reserved place
> region O = normal region
>
> when setting all the X regions with any of "persistent", "lockedout" or "reservation" flag, the centered O region is
> still trying to contacting neighbour regions (the X ones) when avatar is coming etc... and is always receiving a
> ConnectFailure (Connection refused).
>
> when another region is trying to connect on the same place, robust is refusing the attachment and is saying that a
> "varregion" is already located on this place.
>
> is it a normal behavior that the regions are still contacted and that robust is speaking about a varregion or something
> not updated after the varregion migration ?
> what flags do you recommend to reserve a location ?

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
OSVW Consulting
http://justincc.org
http://twitter.com/justincc