[Opensim-users] OMEconomy

The Pierce Family thepierces-rwpt at charter.net
Wed Jan 14 00:46:57 UTC 2015

I realize that currency is a subject that is not frequently discussed, but I
am having some difficulty with the module. I have been trying to compile and
operate OpenMetaverse Economy (via VirWox) which is a universally accepted
currency exchange. I have been getting some assistance with some of the
professors at Graf University in Austria, but the first-person knowledge of
anyone in this group will be greatly appreciated. To begin with I am running
OpenSim v 0.8.0.3 under Ubuntu 14.10 (kernel 3.16.0.29.30). I have compiled
the OMBase and OMCurrency which compile with no errors, but multiple
warnings. The compilation produces the two DLL files it is supposed to and
places them where the documentation says they should be.

I have followed all the documentation, along with additional guidance from
Graf Univ.

The following is the OMEconomy portion of the OpenSim.ini file:

[OpenMetaverseEconomy]

enabled = true

OMEconomyInitialize = "https://www.virwox.com:419/OSMoneyGateway/init.php"

GridShortName = "Insight"

OMBaseEnvironment = "LIVE"

OMCurrencyEnvironment = "LIVE"

I was directed by the team at Graf Univ to replace the "TEST" with "LIVE"
even though I could not validate my server against theirs.

The interrogation process of the DLLs work fine in the "enabled = false"
mode but fail when I place it into the "enabled = true" argument.

Here is a copy of one of the latest opensim.log files
http://pastebin.com/n7Vyc6Jt

Based on input and troubleshooting from one of the technicians that has been
helping me, his latest response is:

"I think the following lines show that there might be a certificate problem:

2015-01-13 07:23:44,324 DEBUG - OMEconomy.OMBase.CommunicationHelpers
[OMECONOMY] Request:
https://www.virwox.com:419/OSMoneyGateway/init.php?moduleName=OMBase
<https://www.virwox.com:419/OSMoneyGateway/init.php?moduleName=OMBase&module
Version=4.0.3&gatewayEnvironment=LIVE&gridShortName=Insight&gridURL=http://g
cse.dyndns.org:8003>
&moduleVersion=4.0.3&gatewayEnvironment=LIVE&gridShortName=Insight&gridURL=h
ttp://gcse.dyndns.org:8003

2015-01-13 07:23:45,706 ERROR - OMEconomy.OMBase.CommunicationHelpers
[OMBASE]: Could not access the Web service
https://www.virwox.com:419/OSMoneyGateway/init.php; Error getting response
stream (Write: The authentication or decryption has failed.): SendFailure"

My concern, at this point, is - how do I get a certificate in Ubuntu? I have
tried the "mozroots" process which did not produce anything new nor change
any of the output.

Anyone in the same circumstance as I that have solved this problem?