[Opensim-users] Inventory Broken Links

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 7 21:40:47 UTC 2015

Current outfit items are actually just links to other items (you can see this if you right-click and select "find
original" on them).

(Ordinary) items in turn reference assets.  The asset contains the actual data (e.g. eye texture, colour, etc.).

If the avatar has no existing outfit entries in the avatars table then it's not necessary to populate it.  The viewer
will populate it when it reads the current outfit data.  This doesn't work the other way around.

So the steps are

1)  Make sure the assets existing in the destination installation.  For Ruth, they already will.
2)  Create the inventory items (e.g. at least hair, skin, shape, eyes, top and pants).  Every user will need a unique
item UUID but all items of the same type will reference the same asset UUID (e.g. all eyes reference the same eye asset).
3)  Create the inventory item links in the "Current Outfit" folder. In this case, the asset ID of the link actually
references the linked item UUID.  Again, all the item UUID links need to be unique.

This is not commonly done stuff.  As linked previously, [1] shows example PHP code for doing this kind of thing.  I also
extended and corrected [2] a tiny bit.

[1] https://github.com/justincc/opensimulator-tools/tree/master/integration/php/src/programs/add-cabp
[2] http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Attachment_Protocols