[Opensim-users] login failing on fresh install w/ two distros

Unadecal Arado unadecal.arado at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 03:05:09 UTC 2015

Thank you for the thorough reply, we seem to have covered the basics. I
have not used XAMPP, so far I have only used EasyPHP, but there should be
no appreciable difference between these wamps. The way I usually do it
(because I saw it in a youtube video a year ago when I started fiddling
with OS) is as follows:

1. Log in to PHPMyAdmin.
2. Create a database.
3. Create a user (user name seems to be case sensitive). Set Host to
localhost. Set password. Save the user without assigning database
privileges (unselect global privileges).
4. Edit the user. Add database-specific privileges for the database that
was created earlier (FULL privileges).
5. Save and exit.
6. Repeat 4 and 5 for each database.

another thing you might try if this fails, is to uninstall XAMPP, remove
all residual directories and then reinstall.