[Opensim-users] login failing on fresh install w/ two distros

CiderJack opensim.users at katijackstudio.com
Wed Feb 25 01:18:11 UTC 2015

Hi Unadecal,
Replies interspersed below...

---
~!CJ

On 2015-02-25 07:47, Unadecal Arado wrote:
> Hello CiderJack,
>
> You sound like a seasoned Opensim user, but we need to go over the
> basics. Please go through this check list and make sure that these
> usual suspects are not the culprit
Certainly - the very beginning is a very good place to start.

> Check Opensim.ini and verify that you are using a unique
> http_listener_port for each instance of opensim.exe and that their are
> within the range which your router forwards to your server.
Only one instance of OS/D2 is being run at any time, just using defaults
(which are in range).

> Check your regions.ini file and verify that the UUIDs are unique a
> correspond to the ones you wish to assign to each region.
Have done this, and they are (for both OS & D2). Further, with the D2
install there is only one region (The OS install has 4).

> Verify that InternalPorts are all unique and within the forwarding
> range. Problems with region ports are not reported and usually result
> in erratic and unpredictable behaviour.
Done this, and they are. (Though again D2 only has one region.)

> Verify that the InternalAdress is set to 0.0.0.0 for all regions.
Have double-checked, and it is in D2. In OS I left them at the default
setting of 127.0.0.1. Have now tested with that changed to 0.0.0.0 in
all regions, with the same results as previously.

> Verify that the ExternalHostName is set correctly. The meaning of
> "correctly" is dependent on your particular situation, but this is
> either your router's external IP address or a dns name which resolves
> to your router's external IP address. (if your simulator is accessible
> externally).
Have just been using the default of SYSTEMIP, which of course has always
worked in the past - I've never bothered opening it beyond the local
network.

> Without knowing more about your installation, That's where I'd start.
Both installs are almost pure default settings for standalone. In
regular OpenSim, the only changes that have been made:

StandalondCommon.ini
-------
[DatabaseService]
; MySql
     StorageProvider = "OpenSim.Data.MySQL.dll"
     ConnectionString = "Data Source=localhost;Database=opensimdb;User
ID=opensim;Password=123;Old Guids=true;"

Regions.ini
-------
[Dreamtime]
RegionUUID = "11111111-2222-3333-4444-555555555555"
Location = "1000,1000"
InternalAddress = "127.0.0.1"
InternalPort = 9000
AllowAlternatePorts = False
ExternalHostName = "SYSTEMIP"

[NW]
RegionUUID = "11111111-2222-3333-4444-555555555556"
Location = "1000,1001"
InternalAddress = "127.0.0.1"
InternalPort = 9001
AllowAlternatePorts = False
ExternalHostName = "SYSTEMIP"

[SE]
RegionUUID = "11111111-2222-3333-4444-555555555557"
Location = "1001,1000"
InternalAddress = "127.0.0.1"
InternalPort = 9002
AllowAlternatePorts = False
ExternalHostName = "SYSTEMIP"

[NE]
RegionUUID = "11111111-2222-3333-4444-555555555558"
Location = "1001,1001"
InternalAddress = "127.0.0.1"
InternalPort = 9003
AllowAlternatePorts = False
ExternalHostName = "SYSTEMIP"

With the Diva Distro, the only changes that have been made (besides
changing the region name on Regions.ini):

MyWorld.ini
-------
[DatabaseService]
     ; ### Set the password (again)
     ConnectionString = "Data Source=localhost;Database=opensimdiva;User
ID=opensim;Password=123;Old Guids=true;Allow Zero Datetime=true;"

So after going through this it occurs to me that the issue may possibly
be somewhere in my database settings? OS & D2 use separate databases of
course, but the same user (with global privileges). (running this
locally on XAMPP using PHPmyAdmin for creating database/user)