[Opensim-users] Map V2 and hypergrid

Jeff Kelley opensim at pescadoo.net
Thu Sep 11 15:48:58 UTC 2014

At 11:26 AM -0400 11/9/14, Shaun T. Erickson wrote:

>Diva and lkalif got together at one point and did something that
>made it so that
>(with Singularity [and I suppose Replex, now]) the local grid's map
>tiles would display
>after you made an HG TP. I even vaguely recall setting up my grid to
>provide the map
>tiles for that, so that visitors could see my map, but I don't
>recall what exactly they and
>I did, anymore. I don't know how many other grids might have made
>the grid-side
>change, as I did. But with it, I think the only tile you couldn't
>see was when you
>search for the remote region in your map.

We did this:

User1 logs into 0.8.rc1 (1) standalone with Firestorm last version (Win)
   teleports to virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002 => see the full map

User2 logs into 0.8.rc1 (1) standalone with Firestorm last version (Mac)
   teleports to virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002 => do NOT see the map

(1) Because there were two available
(2) virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk runs 0.8 Dev

I can't beleive Firestorm Win sees the map when Firestorm Mac don't.

It seems that viewing the map depends on home grid configuration.
We are diff'ing the ini to see the differences. More to come...

-- Jeff