[Opensim-users] Added "region set" console command for runtime adjustement of agent-limit and max-agent-limit

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 31 22:35:50 UTC 2014

This is primarily for Nebadon since we needed it for some console testing but I thought I would write it up publicly.

I have just added a "region set" console command to master branch (and ghosts).  This allows one to set the following
parameters whilst OpenSimulator is running

agent-limit <int>.  Current agent limit.  More typically this is set via the viewer's region/estate dialog.  However,
some viewers hard-code an upper bound of 100 at the moment.  This is persisted over simulator restart.

max-agent-limit <int>.  The max agent-limit that can be set.  This was already settable via the MaxAgents parameter in a
regions config file but this allows one to do it dynamically.  I believe this parameter is primarily used by simulator
operators to stop the viewer setting agent-limit above a given number.  Unfortunately, when set here it will not
currently persist over server restart.  For this to happen it must be separate set as MaxAgents in the region config file.

Documentation also in [1]

[1] http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Server_Commands#Region_Commands

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)