[Opensim-users] OSCC14 Special Load Test at 12:00 PM PDT this Saturday, November 1st

Fleep Tuque fleep513 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 10:39:01 UTC 2014

*We're almost ready for the OpenSimulator Community Conference 2014! *

*In-World Tickets Sold Out, Streaming Tickets Still Available*

If you haven't yet registered for the conference, in-world tickets have
sold out, but you can still register for a Streaming Ticket to view the
conference live on the web. In the event that we can make more in-world
spots available, we will offer those places to people who have registered
for Streaming on a first-come, first-served basis, so you should still
register for a Streaming Ticket!

http://conference.opensimulator.org/2014/register-now/

*Conference Rehearsal 8AM to 12PM on Saturday, November 1st*

On Saturday, November 1, 2014, from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM PDT we will hold a
dress rehearsal event for speakers and staff to prepare for the live
conference. Each one-hour block on the live conference schedule will be
reduced to a 15 minute period for the rehearsal. This will allow us to
practice two full days of conference programming in a four hour session.
All speakers, staff, streaming team, greeters, and moderators are expected
to attend the rehearsal.

http://conference.opensimulator.org/2014/program/rehearsal-schedule/

*Special Load Test 12:00 PM PDT this Saturday, November 1st*

Following the rehearsal, we'll hold a Special Load Test at 12:00 PM PDT
this Saturday, November 1st to help test capacity for the conference grid.
For conference attendees, this is also a good time to check your account to
make sure you can log in, explore the grid to get your bearings, and think
about which terrific sessions you want to attend at the conference.  We
will have staff available at the load test to answer questions or provide
support if needed.  Please see the Grid Info page for more information
about how to log in and participate in the Special Load Test.

http://conference.opensimulator.org/2014/login-info/

Thanks to everyone helping to make the conference a success and we hope to
see you on the conference grid this weekend!

Sincerely,

- Chris/Fleep

*Chris M. Collins (Avatar: Fleep Tuque)*

President, AvaCon, Inc.

275 Winthrop Street

PO Box 618

Rehoboth, MA 02769-1819

(774) 654-0010

info at avacon.org

http://avacon.org

*AvaCon, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization* dedicated to
promoting the growth, enhancement, and development of the metaverse,
virtual worlds, augmented reality, and 3D immersive and virtual spaces.
This email and any files transmitted with it may be confidential,
privileged, or otherwise protected by legal rules and are intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you
have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately.
AvaCon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.